Jefferson Health MyChart is an internet application that allows a patient to have secure web based access to elements of their Jefferson electronic medical record. Jefferson Health MyChart allows a secure, convenient communication channel with Jefferson for non-urgent messages.
Use of the Jefferson Health MyChart service is optional.
Your login username and password are key in keeping your information confidential and protecting your personal information. It is your responsibility to keep your username and password confidential. Your username and password are only known by you and can be changed online at any time by you. Your password is not known by anyone at Jefferson.
Jefferson Health MyChart Terms and Conditions for Use: Your Responsibilities.
Please review the following Terms and Conditions for Use. You must observe the Terms and Conditions for Use described below when using Jefferson Health MyChart.
I AGREE THAT:
1) I will not share my username and password with anyone.
2) I will not send any messages through Jefferson Health MyChart that require urgent or emergent attention. I will call 9-1-1 in the case of an emergency. I understand that turnaround time for responses is usually two (2) business days, but may vary by individual physician or practice. Jefferson does not guarantee that I will receive a response to any particular message. If I have not received a response within a reasonable time and feel the message must be addressed, I should call my physician or my physician’s office.
3) I will be notified by e-mail when there is new medical information to be viewed on Jefferson Health MyChart. This means that any person with access to my e-mail will be able to see this notification. This could include my spouse, dependent, employer or anyone else that can access my email account. Although no private medical information will be included in the e-mail the notification that new medical information is available by accessing Jefferson Health MyChart may be information that I would not want others to know. Thus, I should take this into consideration when providing an e-mail address.
4) Jefferson Health MyChart messages may be viewed by other health professionals, administrators, or support staff who work with my physician and his/her practice.
5) Neither Jefferson Health MyChart nor any other application available through this site is a substitute for appropriate and timely contact with my physician(s). This site is not a substitute for an office visit or consultation with my physician(s). I understand that I should never change or stop any course of treatment prescribed by my physician(s) without first consulting him or her.
6) Not all of my Jefferson physicians and providers use Jefferson Health MyChart, so they may not be aware of the information that is in my Jefferson Health MyChart. I understand that I may not be able to communicate electronically or view information from all of my Jefferson providers.
7) There may be some information that my Jefferson physicians believe should not be placed in my Jefferson Health MyChart record. To obtain a complete copy of my Jefferson medical records, I should follow the Jefferson policy for requesting medical records.
8) All communications through Jefferson Health MyChart will be in regard to my own medical condition(s). The contents of any messages will be stored in my permanent Jefferson medical record.
9) I understand that I may only ask for advice about me through Jefferson Health MyChart. I understand that asking for advice on behalf of another person could potentially be harmful and is a violation of these Terms and Conditions for Use. JEFFERSON DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR MEDICAL INFORMATION OR SERVICES USED BY A PERSON OTHER THAN ME.
10) I may receive messages, test results and other communications delivered via Jefferson Health MyChart. I understand that I may receive test results before my Jefferson provider contacts me or reviews the test results. If I have questions or concerns regarding test results that were made available to me via Jefferson Health MyChart, I should contact my physician’s office.
11) I am bound by all of these Terms and Conditions for Use. I know that Jefferson may modify these Terms and Conditions for Use. If changes are made to these Terms and Conditions for Use, I will be notified and required to review the modifications. The modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified version.
12) Jefferson Health MyChart is a communication service offered as a convenience to me. I understand that it provides me online access to elements of my Jefferson medical record and that I am solely responsible for any sharing of its content that I intentionally or unintentionally communicate to others.
13) Messages sent from my Jefferson Health MyChart may be sent to members of my physician’s care team or other members of Jefferson staff to appropriately address my requests. Therefore, I understand that the use of Jefferson Health MyChart may not be appropriate for very sensitive information that I wish to discuss directly or in person with my physician or Jefferson provider.
14) I will not use inappropriate, profane, or threatening language in my messages sent from my Jefferson Health MyChart.
15) My Jefferson Health MyChart may be deactivated by me. I understand that Jefferson may also deactivate my Jefferson Health MyChart if I do not abide by these Terms and Conditions for Use.
I have read, understand and voluntarily agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions for Use for Jefferson Health MyChart. By checking the box below, I agree to establish my account.